Wednesday, April 14, 2010
FFW - Are You a Writer?
There are many writers in the world, and many ways they are defined. There are journalists, novelists, students, bloggers, editors, and countless other specific types of writers out there. So speaking in a general term, yes, I am a writer. Because I write, I am a writer. I am not a novelist or a journalist, I don't claim to be some sort of author. Yet, because I write, I am a writer. I write in class, in my free time, and at work. I don't try to make this fact anymore complicated than it should be. Because I write, I am a writer. I really don't think it is that hard to understand. By my definition, because I write... I am a writer. Get it? It doesn't define me, it doesn't control or limit me, it merely describes me. Since it's a word, there will obviously be different opinions of what makes a "writer." But to ME, in MY head.... because I write.... I am a writer.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
i guess it is true that we all are writers of some sort because we all write things, for class and otherwise. But i dont think that this makes us all really writers. Many people would have no desire or reason to really write anything if they weren't required to for a class. I dont think texting or instant messaging or fb posts really count as writing either but it could be that im limited what i consider to be legitimate writing.
ReplyDeleteI think that the term "writer" is too broad. We should narrow the definition of "writer". I mean, there obviously is a difference between a scholarly article and a blog post right?
ReplyDelete