Sunday, February 21, 2010
Sport Royal
Well, I'm sure there are many interpretations of Maria's use of the term "sport royal" to describe her manipulation of Malvolio. In my opinion, it seems she is referring to simply put, a royal sport. Rich people are known for using hunting as a great form of entertainment. If Malvolio is used in Maria's sport, then he is given the image of freedom and free will, yet is still controlled deep down by Maria. She is only playing this game because she knows she will win in the end. Malvolio gets chased just as long as Maria sees fit, then she'll take her final step, the kill in this hunt. Roar!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I really like this explanation of the quote! I didn't think of tying "sport royal" to hunting. That makes much more sense than what I thought. Good job!
ReplyDeletei like what you said here. i had the same ideas about it and even mentioned something about the hunt in my response as well. i really enjoy that fact that we were on the same page with this. nice job :)
ReplyDelete